An average week: Wednesday/Thursday

So sadly, I was sick yesterday. Because I was sick, I had no energy to post (boo) and so I’ve decided that it’s best to make Wednesday and Thursday one post.


6:00am – 8:45am Wake up, do the Tuesday post, realize I don’t feel great, cross fingers.
9:00am – 10:30am Because I knew I would be working until about 7pm, I decided to use the lieu time right away and come in for 11am, meaning I had time to go to the gym. WOW the gym is a different place in the morning! I go to a community centre gym (can’t beat $63 membership per 3 months), which means that of course during the day there are a lot of retirees, and more nannies putting their kids in free childcare. Whatevs. I ran around the track using a newly downloaded app recommended to me by Emma called “Zombies! Run!” which is basically half video game half running app. Such a good time. Right when I was so out of breath and convinced it must be over, I had a pack of zombies chasing me and in order to get the bandages and medical kits that I picked up to the hospital (I know), I had to run faster. Great interval training. Not to mention that it works around your music! I rocked “The Social Network” soundtrack. It was so epic. Download it here.
11:00am – 5:00pm Work. Getting ready for the continued launch of the disc on Tuesday which is an art show of paintings based on the music.

5:00pm – 7:00pm The Songwriter’s Association rented the space at the CMC and they had a two hour panel on all things legal related to songwriters. It was a bit out of my element, but interesting nonetheless. I was tasked with running the live sound! Nice to be back doing some audio work again.
7:30pm – 9:30pm Attempting to power through the constant sneezing and runny nose, I decided to go to my weekly volunteering at the Fairlawn Avenue United Church: Book sorting through donated books in preparation for the annual book sale in April.

I started volunteering to book sort last year as my mother had started the year before and it was such a good time. More about book sorting in an upcoming post. The basic idea is that we sift through donated boxes of used books, then sort them into categories. We price them at $1 for a soft cover and $2 for a hard cover. (Oh, what? You think it’s a steal? That’s because it is. Mark it in your calendar, folks! Details here.)

Above is my mum pricing some old books! The boyfriend also comes. Boy, the church ladies are a fan of him.

9:45pm – 10:30pm Had some pizza for the first time in months from my favourite pizza place, Pizzaiolo. The boyfriend and I watched an episode of the new Top Chef and relaxed. It felt so good to zone out for a bit!
10:30pm – 11:30pm General getting ready for bed and some reading of Two Solitudes before going to sleep!


Surprise, surprise – the sickness got worse. Feverish, and all that other stuff. Not very fun. I decided to take a sick day because I definitely needed the sleep, but I also knew that if I was sick for the Friday art launch at work it was going to be a big problem.

10:00am – 10:30am Get up, force myself to eat some oatmeal (didn’t have any banana so added hot apples, almond butter and cinnamon.) which stayed down. Even though I was sick, I had previously planned an early lunch meeting with an author and I knew that it was going to be difficult to reschedule so I braved the cold and went to meet her.

11:00am – 1:00pm Meeting with the author was fabulous. Sick, yes, but so glad I went. (More on the meeting in an exciting upcoming post!)
1:30pm – 6:00pm This was a completely uninteresting time period that involved a lot of couch, bed, and the Walking Dead on Netflix.
6:30pm – 9:00pm Tonight was the only night that my friend Jeremy could see my parents, who he knows quite well, so we went over for a little visit. Nothing better than having your parents take care of you.
9:15pm – 10:00pm Putter around, slowly get ready for bed, try to read, pass out.

Thursday would have been busier, because I normally have choir at 8pm, but I wasn’t able to sing so I thought it best not to go. Sigh. Of course the week I pick to document ends up with a sick day. Ah well! More tomorrow.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s